The Criminology Department and the Crime & Society Research Group (CRiS) at the Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB) invite applications for an administrative coordinator in the framework of the Strategic Research Program (SRP) "Crime and Society: New Challenges", funded by the Research Council of the VUB.
- Administrative support for the SRP coordinator and SRP promoters to prepare research proposals, budgeting and reporting.
- Administrative support for Crime and Society Research Group (CRiS) activities, including the organization and reporting of internal meetings and the preparation of seminars and international conferences.
- Development and maintenance of communication strategies including the CRiS-website and social media.
- Editorial assistance of the journal Criminological Encounters, hosted by CRiS.
- Bachelor degree.
- Experience in administrative support of research programs (budgeting, reporting, communication with international and national research partners).
- Experience in organizing scientific events and meetings.
- Experience with developing and maintaining websites and social media profiles.
- Experience with editorial tasks is a plus.
- Have fluency in English. Knowledge of Dutch is a welcome asset.
- Team player with strong communication skills.
Members of minority groups are particularly encouraged to apply.
More information on the Crime & Society Research Group can be found on https://cris.research.vub.be/en/.
For the context of the Strategic Research Program, see https://cris.research.vub.be/en/research-programme.
For more information about our journal, see http://www.criminologicalencounters.org.
Part-time 0.5 FTE position for 2 years, with a yearly evaluation. As an employee of the Vrije Universiteit Brussel you will work in a dynamic, diverse and multilingual environment. Both our campuses are set within green oases on the outskirts of the centre of the capital of Flanders, Belgium and Europe. This centre, with all its opportunities, is within your reach by public transport in under half an hour.
Closing date of the call: 11 October 2020 (midnight) Job interviews with the pre-selected candidates will be held on 13 October 2020, in the morning.
Start date of the position: 15 November 2020
Depending on your experience you will receive a salary in one of the pay scales laid down by the government. Free use of public transport for travel to and from work are standard conditions of employment. If you would rather cycle to work, compensation is also available for that. Both campuses have extensive sporting facilities which are at your disposal and a nursery is within walking distance. Work address: Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Department of Criminology, Faculty of Law and Criminology, Campus Etterbeek, Pleinlaan 2, 1050 Brussel
Applications should include the following:
- A full CV.
- Letter of motivation in English, including a statement with your view on the job as administrative coordinator (max 1000 words).
- Contact details of two references
- Copy of your diploma.
Applications and potential questions should be sent to email@example.com.