This Knowledge Cluster will focus on what is the relationship of human rights to:
(1) political/criminological discourses on crime control;
(2) the experiences of ‘dignity’ by different people in different institutions/situations of crime control/public order;
(3) the increased emphasis on citizenship (exclusion of non-nationals, children as “not yet”- (full) citizens);
(4) quality of life in institutions (risk of counterproductive effects such as formalisation and bureaucratisation);
(5) the increasing reliance on technology;
(6) preventive strategies (absence of judicial control).